Thursday, December 16, 2010

'Memories'

This poem was completely written by me, dedicated to a friend of mine.
Here it goes...

***

'Memories'
Claire Garcia


Do you know what would be cool?
Do you know what I wish for?
I wish, that our memories came, with a play, save, rewind, fastforward, and delete button.
To look at all the good memories,
and have 'em on re-run.
Or, replay, I should say.

Kinda like the time, when we went outside to the park, before dark.
The sun's about to set, it was getting really cold, and you gave me your jacket.
Grabbed my hand, said you cared 'bout me.
And you know,
I can never forget that feeling.
Butterflies in my stomach,
intestines all knotted.
And how,
I will never forget it.

And yet, I wish memories came with a play, save, rewind, fastforward, and delete button.
To delete all the bad times,
and leave them behind.
Like a revision,
or incision in my brain, to delete bad memories...
completely.
Like a white eraser,
defacing the led,
on a piece of paper.

Leaving behind the time,
when I was up half the night.
Brokenhearted,
wondering how this fight even started.
Feeling guilty,
wearing misery.
No forgiveness at that moment.
Saying 'I hate you,' to your face.
I hope you know,
I never meant it.
I meant the opposite.

I wish, our memories came with a play, save, rewind, fastforward, and delete button.
I'd take all the memories,
from good to bad.
And have 'em on re-run.



1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am glad you posted it Claire! You're amazing. Keep writing!

    -Haneen

    ReplyDelete