Sunday, January 16, 2011

As Free As a Bird - Poetry of Hope

Hello lovely Bloggers!
Thank you for stopping by my page!
Welcome to assignment #14.
In the month of November, we learned all about the Holocaust, and what the word 'ghetto' actually meant.
So Ms.P has us writing our own poem in the eyes of the Holocaust, about hope and freedom.
This poem is completely written by me.
So here it goes..

As Free As A Bird
by: Claire Garcia

I pray,
that one day,
I will be as free as a bird.
To majestically soar,
up, up high.
To the flawless clouds,
in the painted, blue sky.
To freely observe the world,
in my eyes.
And squander,
wherever I'd like.

But no.
I am trapped in this ghetto.
No freedom,
just this prison.
Among the thousands of other strangers.

Yet,
the birds still sing to me.
Singing a song of hope.
Alittle bit of happiness evokes my soul.
And I know...
there is still hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment