Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Letters of Remembrance

Hello Lovely Bloggers!

Because of Remembrance day, Ms.Pollock has us doing assignment 11, which is coincidentally the assignment is #11, like November the 11. (11/11)

In this blog post, we must write a letter or journal entry in a soldier's perspective, or someone impacted in the war. Like a family member, friend, or loved one.
I decided to write in the perspective of a little girl, (about 10 years old) whose father is in the Afghanistan war.
So here it goes...
***

Hello Daddy!

Or General Davidson, which ever one you prefer.
I miss you so much! So does Mom, and baby Greg.
We hope your doing fine.
So anyway,
thank you so much for the card you sent me for my 10th birthday!
I love that everyone signed it! Thank's alot dad!

So we had a birthday party at home, and I invited all my friends. Like Molly, Dana, Reilly, and the guy I've always been writing about to you... Jason.
Mom made her famous chocolate cheesecake, which was absolutely amazing! As usual.
And you know what the best part was?
Mom FINALLY bought a puppy!
It's a wiener dog. We named it Buttercup, because it was a butterscotch-y color.
And you know how much I love butterscotch pudding!
My birthday was a blast!
But I think it would've of been so much better if you were there.

Anyway, I'm going to go now.
Mom is nagging me to take Buttercup out for a walk.
Just so you know, I pray every single night for your safety.
So please, becareful.
Come home for Christmas!
Can't wait to see you.
Love you tons.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment