Tuesday, February 15, 2011

If I Had $100 - Ethical Gifts.

Welcome to assignment #19.
In this assignment, we are given an imaginary one hundred dollars to buy a/an ethical gift(s) to one or more of the following organizations;
Salvation Army, Oxfam, Plan, or World Vision.

OR

You can choose a diffrent organization to place your imaginary money to.


The organization I choose for my ethical gift(s) is The Girl Effect.
Funny, I think I remember doing a SOLE presentation on this very organization. Coincidence? I think not.
 
I chose this, because doing research on The Girl Effect, made my think.. us girls from Canada, are very fortunate, than other girls in developing countries. (Like Africa, Rwanda, or Bangladesh). Girls should have the same rights as equal human beings, and just because they're a girl, they don't get some of the same privileges. Like not being able to go to school, married off, prone to HIV, no health care.
So I'm giving  my money to The Girl Effect, and help a few girls fight their legal case. And maybe one day, one of those girls will do the same. See? It's like a cycle.

***

The ethical gift I want to invest in is to help adolescent girls fight human right abuses.  Donating $100 dollars will help them fight their legal case, and to see that justice will be served!

So that's all from my ethical gift.
See you around?

-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment