Thursday, October 7, 2010

3-2-1 Empathy Presentation Reflection.

Good Evening Bloggers!
It's almost Friday, and I can't hardly wait for the long Thanksgiving weekend!
I'm planning to go to Toronto, but for now, Ms.P has us doing a new blog post about our 'Student of the Month' empathy presentation infront of the whole school yesterday.

***

3. Things that I think would have helped to improve our presentation.
   
> I think if I was to face the audience more often it would improve the presentation, because Ms.Pollock said   
   it's like I was having a conversation with the audience. But to be honest, I found it awkward to face the
   audience, so I tried making not as much contact. But I think more would be better if I was more comfterable.
    
>Practice makes perfect, that's what they all say. And it's true! We put together our presentation in two days,
  which came together pretty good. But since we had hectic schedules, we couldnt practice as much. Imagine
   if we practiced for more than two days! It would be PERFECTION! So I think practice would help with alot of
  improvment.

>Layout and Position. We had a HUGE stage to share with twenty-eight students, and i could see that the       
centre of the stage was kind of unuseful. Some skits were alittle off-to-the-side, which is probably hard      for the audience to see. 

2. Things that went really well.

>You have to give us props, we put on a presentaion in two days! Something that I think went really well was our improv. We made no scripts, no lines, nothing! We just went with the flow. For example, our concept was for me to be a 'dream jumper', (just like the one in Sponge Bob!) And Ms.P gave me some ideas on what to say, and I just said what came to my mind. Voila, improv!

>Communication. I think that was something I'm really proud of our presentation. A few people in our class didn't come to presentation day, so we had to talk it out. Who did what, said what, what we're going to do. 
For example, Melissa  sadly couldn't make it yesterday, so Sara volenteered to narrate.

1. Piece of advice I have for students who will be preforming in the future.

>The piece of advice I have for preforming in the future is, project your voice! You want your audience to hear you. Sound confident, and flash a smile or two. You want your audience to be engadged of what you're saying. If you sound mono-toned, they'll think your boring and won't be interested. 

So that's it for today. 
To be honest, I'm tired of typing! 
Catch ya'll later,
-Claire  

2 comments:

  1. Please come check out my halloween post

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some really good ideas! Your next presentation will be amazing! :)
    Zoe.K. Toronto 8BS

    ReplyDelete