Monday, March 21, 2011

Model's Airbrushed?

Hello Bloggers!

I really wanted to do something new with our blogs, so Ms.Pollock gave me a few things to research on. I chose the topic about models, and airbrushing/editing.

Have you ever seen billboards, or pictures with flawless models?
Something like this:
                          

Let me tell you, some of them are not even real!
Well, real people being edited.
Don't believe me? Watch this video;
                 

Amazing huh!? Check out the HUGE difference airbrushing made;
                            
                        

But honestly, why would someone go through all this trouble for public media attention?
I think people nowadays should show true beauty, and not somone who has just been edited, and unreal.
But what do you think?

-Claire

2 comments:

  1. Great work on this Claire! It's really shocking what advertisers think we are naive enough to believe. I agree with your true beauty statement. I wonder if you want to do a mini ad campaign on true beauty when we get to making our own ads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Ms.Pollock, that would be such a great idea!
    I'd love to do that!
    Now, I can't wait!

    -Claire

    ReplyDelete