Sunday, November 7, 2010

Field Trip - 3,2,1.

Hiya Bloggers!

So last Friday, we went on our very special field trip to the Museum of Civilization, and it was really awesome!
So once again, the lovely Ms.P assigned us another 3-2-1 assignment!



3 Specific Things I Enjoyed Overall;
-Something I really enjoyed about this field trip was the hands-on things we got to do, like when we got to be archaeologists for a bit and dig in the sandbox, looking for 'artifacts' to confirm which region of Canada we were in.

-Another thing I really enjoyed was when we got the opportunity to walk around with these actors, and learn how the Metis were created. European men would 'abuse' the Aboriginal women, have kids, and then most of them left them to continue on with their journey.

-The last thing I really enjoyed was when we got to see the oldest artifact in Canada. It was a weapon, made of an animal's bone, that aboriginals used as weapons.

2 Important Things I Learned;
-I learned that the Aboriginal people in the Maritimes (Newfoundland, P.E.I, New Brunswick ect.) used a trap that looked like a net, made up of tree bark, to catch eels, and eat them.
-I also learned alittle something about the people in the Prarie region. The Aborignials there, would ride horses, and chase a heard of buffulo off a cliff, and would not waste anything on the bufflulo.
They would use their skin for shelter, and clothing.
They'd use the buffulo's meat to eat, and make pemmican. (Dried meat)
And  they'd use the buffulo's bones for making weapons and tools.

1 Thing I Would Change;
The one thing I wuld change would have to be able to have more time at the museum. We were rushed to eat our lunch, and we weren't able to see the other exibits that I really wanted to see.
But all in all, it was a great field trip.

***

That's all for today. Stay tuned for more blog post!

-Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment