Monday, November 1, 2010

World of Work


Hello fellow bloggers!

So Mrs.Pollock assigned us a new assignment! 
This assignment #7, takes us into the world of work.
Yes, work. I don't even like work at home. (Aka chores.)
This Wednesday, us grade eights are going on a field trip, to Landsdowne Park to learn about the world of work! Yay.   

***




1.The sector that appeals to me the most, has to be the Service Sector, because I take an interest in baking, cooking, and anything with food!
I also wanted to become a waitress at one point, at a restaurant of some sort.

2. Here are some of the Trade and Technology Career sectors, with some of examples of their jobs available for each sector.

Construction Sector
-Electrical Wiring
-Refrigeration
-Landscape and Gardening

Employment Sector
-Job Interview
-Prepared Speech
-Workplace Safety

Information and Technology Sector
-Electronics
-TV and Video Production
-Graphic Design

Manufacturing Sector
-Robotics
-Precision Machining
-Mechatronics

Service Sector
-Baking
-Cooking
-Restaurant Service

Transportation Sector
-Aircraft Maintenance
-Automotive Service
-Autobody Repair

3. I hope to learn more about the Service Sector. Around baking, and fashion technology.
Questions;
-How long does it take to become a professional chef?
-Is there a course in college/university for baking?
-As a dressmaker, approximately how long does it usually take to finish a dress for a client?
Does it depend on the fabrics and patterns?
-Do you make appointments with clients for the dress they want you to make for them?

4.The pathway I want to take after university is, once again, the Service Sector. I want to become a waitress at a restaurant, or a barista at Starbucks, and work my way up as an entrepreneur. I don't really want this as a career, waiting tables, or making coffee, but I could live with being an entrepreneur for the rest of my life. Yet, I also wanted to be working with criminal justice. Like the show CSI: Miami.




Linked Resources:

skillscanada.com



So I'm glad I'm finally done this assignment!
I don't want to worry about what I want to be 'till high school! Ha!
Farewell bloggers,

-Claire










  

No comments:

Post a Comment